Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Best Fruit Around

next up in the all about me week is my favorite book.  a lot of people who know me would probably say the harry potter series.  that is incorrect my friends.  i had a hardcore love for another boy before harry and his name is james.
i have no idea how many times i've read this book.  i do know it's been too long though.  roald dahl is the shizz in general, but james and the giant peach is definitely his best.  the imaginitivity of the story, the awesomeness of the characters, and the overall message of the book just enraptured me when i was younger.  i imagine it still would today.  i think i may need a reread in the near future.

p.s. unlike harry potter, the movie version of james and the giant peach did not do it justice.  i don't even want them to try and remake it into a different movie.  the book is enough on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment