Monday, August 13, 2012

Birthday Sass

today is my 29th birthday, so i feel that because it's my birthday, i should be allowed to be full of sass.  this is me being sassy in washington, d.c.

anyways, in honor of my birthday, i'm going to do one of those super trendy 30 before 30 lists.  yes, i realize people usually give themselves more than a year to do it, but i'm an overachiever, plus some items really aren't that difficult.  and on the bright side, i'll have more blog ideas with photo evidence when i complete something on my list.  without further ado, see how busy i'll be in my 29th year.

1. go to a foreign country the i've never been to
2. go on a beach vacation
3. swim in the atlantic and pacific oceans in the same year
4. take AJD to try indian food for the first time (i've had it, he hasn't)
5. go to the boston museum of modern art
6. run in at minimum 3 road races (any length)
7. buy fresh flowers for the apt, the first week of every month
8. cook a turkey dinner with all the fixings
9. go back to chicago with AJD to really explore (i went for work, so it didn't count)
10. make a snow angel (it's been a while)
11. make homemade pie, including crust, from scratch
12. get a facial and start a skin care regime (or at least a moisturizer - i'm old now, it's time)
13. hike a mountain in maine or vermont
14. transfer my 401k from my old job to my current job
15. watch casablanca, breakfast at tiffany's, all the godfather movies, and anchorman
16. track the number of miles i run for the year
17. complete a 30 pictures in 30 days challenge
18. fill the digital picture frame with pictures
19. learn how to use the manual setting on my camera
20. get a new cell phone (maybe an iphone) with a colorful case
21. put money into my savings account from every paycheck
22. get down to pre-AJD weight (dating packs on the pounds.  i've already started, i've got 7 lbs to go)
23. get an apron and wear while cooking so i stop ruining my clothes
24. use my food processor at least once a month
25. use my crock pot at least once a month
26. visit family in utah
27. reread the great gatsby
28. get off my high blood pressure meds or at least lower the dosage (this may not be possible since it's genetic but i'm going to give it the old college try)
29. get 25 blog followers
30. do a giveaway when i reach 25 followers (hear that 9 readers of the world, i will give away something on the blog if i get 16 more followers)

No comments:

Post a Comment