Thursday, June 21, 2012

I Finally Got My Hair Did

last year i cut my hair to my chin.  it was a mistake.  a mistake i consistently make every couple of years.  i grow my hair out and it looks supa dupa fly and then i freak out about how long it takes me to do everyday and i chop it off.  i love my short hair for about a week and a half and then i want it long again.  so basically for a year i've been growing out my hair.  yes, i know you're supposed to get your hair trimmed every 8 weeks when you're growing it out because it makes it grow faster.  no need to school me on the obvious.  but needless to say i just wanted it longer, not shorter in any sense.  so i waited a year.  unfortunately in that year my hairdresser left the state.  sad day.  i had the same hairdresser for basically age 0-21.  i hopped around until i landed on my previous hairdresser and then she was my dude.  loved her.  loved the salon, but unfortunately after my year off from haircuts, the hair gods punished me.  so i was back with no hairdresser.  but then, the clouds parted and i was recommended kenzo salon in stoneham, ma.
image from kenzosalon.com
i perused their very informative website and landed on maria as my stylist.  i try to choose stylists who have sort of similar hair to me.  more power to you if you can cut a super trendy pixie but i have long, thick, curly hair and i need a stylist who feels me when i say i've been straightening my hair since i was 16.  maria's hair looked thick and voluminous so she got my vote.

making the appointment was a breeze.  the receptionist was so friendly and helpful.  maria was pretty booked, but the receptionist worked with my schedule and my appointment was made.  i got a reminder call a couple days before to confirm.  perfect.  exactly what i was looking for.

kenzo salon is located right in downtown stoneham.  there's free two hour parking basically surrounding the whole building.  this is why i love the burbs.  my previous hair dresser was in the south end of boston.  after getting my hair all beautified, i'd have to take public transportation all the way home and mess up my do.  not at kenzo.

walking into the salon, i was pleasantly surprised after entering into an old building that the salon itself was very modern with loads of natural light.  since it's currently 3 million degrees in massachusetts, upon entering i was offered up whatever i wanted to drink.  h2o pretty please.  cold and delicious.

maria came and met me before i sat down.  super personable and i loved her outfit.  (sidenote: obviously i checked out her outfit cause i'm me and that's what i do.  skinny pink jeans and a black silk top.  my kind of lady.)  we discussed my ongoing plan of growing out my hair and then we hit the shampoo area.  comfy chairs, warm towels around your neck, plus electric reclining seat.  hells yes.  my hair cut was awesome with just enough chit chat, but i never felt like the conversation was forced.  best part is that the hair dryers plug into the ceiling.  maria did an amazing job cleaning up my poor neglected tresses, added in some layers, and did away with any split ends.  and the blow dry, loved it.

obviously based on this review i was super impressed.  all the reviews are definitely true.  it's a boston-level salon in the burbs.  hallelujah.  and you know what, i booked an 8 week appointment.  color me impressed.  so, if you're from around boston and in the market for a new salon or just want to mix it up a little, definitely check out kenzo salon.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lady! You're too kind :) Thank you so much for your awesome feedback! It was a pleasure working with you (and your fabulous hair). I'm so glad that you're happy with your new style, I know you'll rock it!

    Thanks Again,
    Maria @ Kenzo Salon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lady! You're too kind :) Thank you so much for your awesome feedback! It was a pleasure working with you (and your fabulous hair). I'm so glad that you're happy with your new style, I know you'll rock it!

    Thanks Again,
    Maria @ Kenzo Salon

    ReplyDelete